"When we strive to bring life into this world, it takes some work, and some have said, “It takes a village”. On the other end of life, we find that the same is true. To support the being who at the center of all that attention, it takes a village, or in other words, it takes a TEAM."
What does it look like to have a “Partner” in your family’s Journey?
The complete Partners to the Bridge Consultative Relationship
Getting to Know you and your Needs (complementary, 20-30 min)
This is usually a follow up phone call to your inquiry where you answered questions from the Contact Us page. Please share with us:
- Are you the animal’s PRIMARY CAREGIVER? Who else is in the “FAMILY”, both in the home and in your support system?
- What is your BIGGEST CONCERN with your animal’s health and happiness?
- What was the reason you chose to call us TODAY?
- What are your GOALS in seeking a consultation with us?
- How URGENT are your needs?
- What are YOUR QUESTIONS?
Intake Assessment ($225 regular scheduling, $275 urgent or afterhours scheduling, 1 hr 15 minutes)
- This appointment follows a written intake that you may facilitate yourself online.
- Description of our programs and services at length based upon your needs and your budget.
- discuss basic hospice philosophy including roles of the family and the team,
- address most pressing needs including immediate problem solving,
- review understanding of condition and outline your values, goals and beliefs,
- family discussion and emotional support.
- Suggestions for trusted members to your Care Team and coordination of referrals, if requested.
- You will receive a detailed report via mail, fax or Email to you and your veterinary care team, within four weeks of appointment or before Care Planning Appointment, below.
- Phone and email support until you receive report, above.
Care Planning Appointment ($250, regular scheduling, $300 urgent or afterhours scheduling, 1 hr 30 min)
- Once you have decided to continue with us, we will contact your veterinarian’s office to discuss our services and your desires to pursue hospice care (complementary).
- We recommend that the first 30 minutes of this appointment time is spent in time scheduled with your vet in his or her office, through Skype or if neither of these are possible, through a scheduled phone consultation.
- Your family’s opportunity to candidly share with your veterinarian the set of values, goals and beliefs you have for your animal’s journey.
- Consider care options given clear veterinary advice.
- With this information, the development of your animal friend’s Hospice Care Plan.
- Primary plan, secondary and tertiary plans with clear preferences.
- Contact information and details for orchestration are documented.
- You will be given our supporting documents, including observation logs and simple quality of life assessments to monitor your animal’s condition, along with instruction on how to use them.
- A detailed report to you that will outline the Care Plan and your veterinarian(s) and other care providers you choose will receive an abridged report.
- We will coordinate care with your veterinarian and the other team members, all followed by Email documentation or else a weekly summary via fax or mail.
- Phone and Email support until you receive the report above.
Continual Care Programs (inquire, customized to your needs)
- In-home meetings on a weekly or daily basis in order to proactively plan and solve day-to-day problems. Modifications to the Care Plan are made with approval of everyone in the Care Team.
- We will assist you with regular quality of life assessments and assistance with ways to keep your companion comfortable and at home.
- We help prepare you for what you might expect during your animal’s decline through a series of teaching modules. This is especially recommended if you have limited experience and develop a plan for a natural death.
- We arrange referrals as in the Plan you developed and as new requests emerge.
- We help you deal with the emotions during this sensitive time, reminding you of the details in your plan and helping you to orchestrate them as appropriate.
- We answer your Email or phone messages within 12 hours between regularly scheduled appointments.
- We will arrange to be there for you in your home, on a short term 24-7 basis.
Our Partners to the Bridge team “companions” you and your family through this challenging, yet rewarding time associated with end of life. You and your family gain confidence and feel empowered to move through your loss and toward healthy healing. With our support your family has the best chance to orchestrate an ending that is free of regrets. You may send your animal friend on with dignity in his or her journey, knowing you spent quality time together until the last moments.